So what in the world could follow that? How about for February we have a little fun? And what could be more fun than monkey bread and pull apart bread?
For anyone unfamiliar, monkey bread is a sticky, ooey, gooey kind of pull-apart bread, with little balls of dough rolled in a cinnamon/sugar mixture and baked together, often times in round (tube or Bundt style) pan. Oh, and did we mention the sweet, sticky syrup? Yup, many recipes call for a delicious, sweet, buttery, sugary syrup to be poured on top before baking.
Didn't we tell you it would be fun!
Many recipes for monkey bread use tubes of pre-packaged biscuit dough as the base. Not us! We are going to use our sourdough starters to make delicious, sweet dough to create our monkey breads. But other than that, the rest is up to you! Do you want to go "classic" with cinnamon and sugar? Do you want to get "nutty" with chopped nuts added in? Do you want to add fruit? Or maybe chocolate? Make your monkey bread your own and make sure you have fun!
Check out our Pinterest Monthly Inspiration Board for all kinds of ideas and recipes for monkey bread and pull apart bread!
So are you ready to get baking? Let's do it!
How to participate this month:
1. Choose a recipe and make a fun, ooey, gooey monkey bread or pull apart bread, utilizing your sourdough starter!
2. Take some photos and blog about it on February 20, 2013
3. Make sure that you include a backlink to our blog somewhere in your post (you need to make sure you include both the "www." and the ".com" in the link in order for the linky tool to work!)
4. Follow this link: get the InLinkz code and choose the HTML code that works best for you and your blog. Copy and paste it into the HTML section of your blog. You will know you have done it correctly if you see a little blue frog face.
5. Make sure you enter your post into the linky tool on reveal day so everyone can see what you have made!
Let's monkey around!