We don't have strict rules here - no membership guidelines, no secrets... we just like to bake together, and to share our results with each other.
If you'd like to play along, you are welcome to. At any point in the month, come check out what we are making with our sourdough starters. No fancy equipment needed, and you don't have to be an artisan baker, either. We will try to give a recipe as an example, but feel free to be creative, find or create your own, or otherwise interpret the theme. We also encourage you to check out our Monthly Inspiration Board on Pinterest. We change this every month to reflect and showcase awesome recipes that deal with the current theme.
Even if you don't have a blog, we would love for you to play along! Simply take a photo of your creation and email it to email@example.com (along with your name) and we will post your photo on our reveal day!
- Make your recipe. We always include inspirational recipes for you to look at, but you can use whatever recipe you like, whatever flavors you want - anything goes as long as you stick with the theme.
- Write a blog post and have it scheduled to post on the 20th of the month.
- Make sure you have "www.sourdoughsurprises.blogspot.com" as a hyperlink in your post. (If you live outside the US double check the ".com" part because often times your server changes it to a different ending).
- When your post goes live, make sure you add your link to our linky tool
- Copy and paste the link of your blog post (the actual post)
- Come visit our website
- Click on the button that says "enter your link" on the post and follow the directions!
- If you choose, you can also have the link tool on your blog! This helps others see what we have made, too, and maybe will inspire more people! To do this:
- go to the blog post where we reveal the challenge and follow the "get the inLinkz code" link.
- Copy the HTML code provided
- Paste this into the HTML section of your blog (at the end of everything else written there)If you ever need help with this, please don't hesitate to ask! We are here for you, and want this to be as easy as can be! :)