Thanks for all you lovely friends who joined us in celebrating our Third Anniversary! We really could't do this without you!
We thought this month it would be fun to make biscotti!! We know some of you have already done this, but biscotti are too delicious and we wanted to make sure everyone had the chance to try them! Biscotti are oblong shaped, crunchy twice baked cookies. They are often served with coffee, tea, or even a dessert wine for dunking! They are made by making a rustic shaped loaf (kind of like a quick dough recipe) and then before the loaf is done, slicing it into strips and baking the rest of the way. Biscotti do not need yeast, since the batter is more of a cross of a quick bread and a cookie dough - so here your sourdough will just be for flavor! So make sure you give it a few good feedings to get it nice and active before you start baking!
As always, please feel free to use any recipe you like (but we suggest taking a look at this one and this one). If you need more inspiration, don't forget to check out our Pinterest Monthly Inspiration Board!
How to Join this Month:
1. Make some amazing Biscotti utilizing your sourdough starter!
2. Take some photos and blog about it on April 20, 2015
3. Make sure that you include a link back to our blog somewhere in your post. Make sure it says "www.sourdoughsurprises.blogspot.com"
4. If you would like the linky to appear on your blog, this link: Get the Inlinkz Linkup and choose the HTML code that works best for you and your blog. Copy and paste it into the HTML section of your blog. You will know you have done it correctly if you see a blue link appear. (If you need help with this, or want the code without having to sign in to Inlinkz, just send us an email and we will gladly help!)
5. Make sure you enter your post into the linky tool on reveal day so everyone can see what you have made!
We can't wait to see the delicious crunchy biscotti that you make!
If you don't have a blog but want to bake along with us anyway, great! If you like you can email us a picture of your creation at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include it in our post.
And, you can always post pictures to social media with the #sourdoughsurprises tag so we can all see!