Sourdough Surprises - December

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wow - what amazing scones you guys made - makes me want to whip up another batch right now!

I can't believe it, but we are at the end of the year. Time has flown, and we are amazed and thrilled with how Sourdough Surprises has grown over just a few short months.

To celebrate the end of the year, the holiday season, and the final Sourdough Surprises of 2012, we thought we'd try a delicious treat, perfect for snacking, sharing or gifting - cookies!



There are so many varieties of sourdough cookies out there, and we don't want to limit your imagination. To get you started with some ideas, you can check out these delicious Cherry Almond Biscotti, this amazing (perfected by Jenni, tested by both of us!) versatile cookies (seriously - try them with chocolate chips, dried fruits - anything!), some fun sugar cookies if this time of year makes you want to bust out your rolling pin and cookie cutters, or these chocolate peanut butter cookies!. (Psst... if you check out our Pinterest Inspiration board, you will find lots more recipes, too!)

All you have to do is use starter to make any kind of cookie that inspires you, and post it on December 20th. Include the following HTML code in your post so that we can all check out each others' deliciousness!
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.simply-linked.com/listwidget.aspx?l=74377b12-3fa0-4c79-8f1a-b148ac088835" ></script>

Don't have a blog but still want to bake along with us? No problem! The more the merrier!! Simply bake your cookies and then send an e-mail to sourdoughsurprises@gmail.com with a picture (or two!) of your delicious creations. Include your name and what you made and we'll make sure you are included in our post.

And don't forget to e-mail a picture to us so that we can add it to our slideshow! We can't wait to see all the delicious cookies you create!


6 comments:

PsychoTwin (Kelster) said...

This looks great! I'll try to join in this month.

Sourdoug Surprises said...

We would love that! :)

meditationsandbread.com said...

And now I'm looking through my cookie recipes thinking they all look like they might be good with sourdough...do you have any tips for adapting recipes?

Randy Webster said...

I feed my starter on a 2:1 ratio of flour to water so when I convert a recipe I start by figuring out how much flour and liquid I need to remove from the recipe for the amount of starter I'm adding. For instance, I recently made cornbread. My "normal" cornbread recipe calls for 1 cup of flour and a cup of milk. I know that a cup of my starter is 2/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup water so I used 1 cup of starter, 1/3 cup flour, and 2/3 cup milk to equal the original recipe. This will work well for most quick breads (ones with baking soda or baking powder).

meditationsandbread.com said...

Thanks. I feed mine the same ratio but was off in my mental math of what amount of flour/water that would replace.

Another question: when you do quick breads with sourdough starter in them, does the finished product have any of the sourdough tang to it?

Sourdoug Surprises said...

It usually depends on what recipe you are using, and the flavors that are within it. I have had some with a really good tang, and some where it comes out more subtle.

Post a Comment